Harbour Air and Westcoast Air's luggage allowance (per person):
• Between Vancouver/Victoria, Nanaimo, Gulf Islands or Sechelt is 25lbs (11.5kg)
• Between Richmond/Victoria or Nanaimo is 50lbs (23kg)
• Between Richmond/Sechelt is 25lbs (11.5kg)
• Between Sechelt/Egmont and Madeira Park is 25lbs (11.5kg)
Maximum Baggage Weight is 50lbs. Click HERE for more details.
Stated luggage allowance includes both checked and carry-on luggage, in addition to sports equipment, strollers, and pet carriers, which are transferred on a space-available basis.
If you think you will be traveling with more luggage than allotted, please contact the Reservations Department for additional options.
For frequently asked questions about luggage see our FAQ's.
Traveling with a pet?
The Harbour Air Group welcomes everyone on board, including pets! If you are traveling with a pet, please be aware of the following requirements when making a reservation:
· Safety First! Pets must be traveling in a hard-shelled travel carrier. No part of the animal is allowed to protrude from the carrier. All carriers must be secure and leak proof. Collapsible kennels are not accepted. We want to keep your pet as safe as possible since your pet will be transported in the baggage / cargo area of the aircraft.
· Both travel carrier and the weight of the pet are included in the stated passenger luggage allowance, i.e. 25lbs unless stated otherwise.
· Carrier must not exceed 30"L (76cm) X 18"W (45cm) X 24"H (61cm). (Medium Size Kennel)
· Pet Comfort – The pet kennel be big enough to allow the animal to stand, turn around and lie down comfortably, as per international regulations. If the pet carrier does not allow the animal to do this, Harbour Air reserves the right to refuse transport.
· Multiple pets in one crate will be authorized provided the total weight complies with the stated luggage allowance and pets are used to cohabitation.
· Certified Assistance dogs may travel without a kennel but will require an approved harness (ie. Vest Harness) which will be secured on board. Prior notification is required.